I am a craft fanatic, sci-fi nerd, and long-suffering West Ham United supporter. For these reasons, you will see a variety of posts in this blog. My family and I immigrated to Canada from the UK in 2007, and now enjoy dual citizenships of these two great nations. While Britain will always be in my heart (and accent, it appears), Canada is my home now.
My craft weapons of choice are yarn arts, papercrafts, fabric sculpture and mixed media art. Since suffering severely with depression and anxiety, I have found that my creative outlet has helped me to heal and calm my busy mind. There are certainly too few hours in the day, however I do enjoy a greater number of them these days. I have been a proud member of the Association For Creative Industries (formerly the Craft and Hobby Association) since 2013, and am now actively involved in the Canadian Chapter executive committee.
Outside of arts and crafts, I have been an IT professional in various roles for over twenty years, mainly in the financial services sector. (Yep, I have to pay for all this craft stuff somehow..). Last, but definitely not least, I am the mother of four beautiful children and wife to a terrific husband. They colour my world beyond any material item.
May the Force, and the crafts, be with you..
Roll of Honour:
- The Crochet Crowd “Mad Hatters” contest, Creativ Festival Toronto, 2014
- additional prize winner
- Certified Powertex Instructor
- Powertex Design Team Member, 2014 – present
- Coast to Coast Events – Mixed Media Instructor, 2014
- John Bead Outlet – Yarn Arts Instructor, 2016 – present
- AFCI Designer Member
- AFCI Canada Chapter – Secretary, 2017
- AFCI Trends Report – Assistant Editor, 2017
- Kraftin’ Kimmies Stamps – Guest Designer, January 2017
- Crafter’s Companion US Design Team Member, 2017