Hello crafty friends! Welcome to the hottest blog hop of the Summer: StencilGirl® and Emerald Creek have combined their awesome products with the design talent of none other than Seth Apter, to bring you the very best in today’s mixed media.
I was absolutely honoured to be asked to take part in this hop, and with products this good it’s been a fun time to create.
My piece is called “Don’t Ever Give Up”, based on the stencil quote I’ve used here as a centrepiece. The substrate is canvas paper, which at a weight of 182lb, gives a perfect heavyweight base for all your mixed media needs. Personally I still like to prime with white gesso, but that’s just me 🙂 The canvas paper still shows the texture through the gesso, which I really like.
My strategy was to use the stencils before adding the colour in the background, as I wanted the letters in the quote to be very clear. Once the colours were dry, I laid the quote stencil down again in the same spot, and used some distress oxide ink to make the letters stand out.
Now for the REALLY fun parts – adding the embellishments! I used chipboard die cuts with Emerald Creek & Seth Apter’s mind-blowing embossing powders. I am so happy with the steampunk heart with Baked Texture Patina Oxide; it really looks like old metal.
This heart-shaped lock and key was plain brass, but it was transformed with the Baked Texture Chunky Rust. I love how the powder contains little flaky filaments to emulate the real look of rust.
So here is my finished piece! I hope you like the results. What’s your favourite StencilGirl® / Emerald Creek Seth Apter product? Don’t forget to comment on all the other blog posts for a chance to WIN!! (Instructions below).
Thanks so much for visiting!
~~ Emma ~~
One lucky winner will receive $50 in Gift Certificates to Emerald Creek
and StencilGirl® Products!
Enter to win by leaving a comment below.
Then be sure to visit the other blogs in the hop and comment to win. The more blogs you comment on, the more chances you have to WIN!
One winner will be chosen at random from all blog comments!
(One comment per blog please.)
You have until Tuesday, August 21st at 11:59PM Central Time to leave your comments.
Winner will be announced on
StencilGirl® Product’s Facebook page and Emerald Creek’s Facebook page on Wednesday, August 22.
Emma Ivemey (You are here!)
- StencilGirl® Stencils – Scribble Roses, Love is for everyone script, Faces in the crowd
- Emerald Creek – Seth Apter Baked Texture Patina Oxide, Chunky Rust
- Emerald Creek – Allure Charred Gold, Classic Mardi Gras embossing powder
- Bienfang Canvas Paper
- Liquitex Basics White Gesso
- Paper Artsy / Seth Apter Fresco Finish Paint – Snowflake
- DecoArt Premium Acrylic – Cadmium Yellow, Ultramarine Blue
- DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics – Payne’s Grey
- DecoArt Media Modeling Paste
- Dylusions Ink Sprays – Fresh Lime, Vibrant Turquiose
- Dylusions Dyan Reaveley Paint – Calypso Teal, Bubblegum Pink
- Chipboard Die Cuts – Creative Embellishments, Southern Ridge Trading Co.
- Printed Ephemera – KaiserCraft
- Wooden buttons – Authentique
- Metal lock & key – Multicraft Imports
- Tim Holtz Distress Oxide – Vintage Photo, Cracked Pistachio, Fossilised Amber